Call for Applications
The Vienna Center for Engineering in Medicine, a cooperation center between TU Wien and MedUni Wien, announces the second ViCEM Award for the Best PhD Thesis in “Engineering in Medicine”.
Applications are requested for PhD thesis with a defense date not earlier than September 13, 2019 (previous application deadline) and not later than the current application deadline.
Applicants have to fulfill the following criteria:
- TU Wien and/or MedUni Wien involved
- topic associated with “engineering in medicine”
further evaluation criteria:
- scientific excellence with potential future impact on the broad international scale
- involvement of both an engineering and medical supervisor
- publications in inter-disciplinary international peer-reviewed journals
- involvement in inter-disciplinary joint projects
The award is aimed at promoting and highlighting highly innovative PhD projects at the crossroads of engineering and medicine, and bestows a certificate and € 2,000 to the applicant.
Applications for the award need to include:
- filled in application form (PDF)
- a pdf-copy of the PhD thesis
- letters of recommendation of the engineering and the medical supervisor
and have to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 10, 2023, at the latest.
The ViCEM coordination team together with the ViCEM faculty will evaluate the applications and prepare a list of finalists. Those finalists will be invited to present their PhD thesis in the framework of a ViCEM event taking place in spring 2023.