The Vienna Center for Engineering in Medicine, a cooperation center between TU Wien and MedUni Wien, announces the fifth ViCEM Award for the Best Diploma Thesis in Engineering in Medicine.
Applications are requested for diploma thesis with a defense date not earlier than May 7, 2021 (previous application deadline) and not later than the current application deadline.
Applicants have to fulfill the following criteria:
- TU Wien and/or Meduni Wien involved
- topic associated with “engineering in medicine”
further evaluation criteria:
- scientific excellence with potential future impact on the broad international scale, and
- relevance of the work for medical/engineering practice.
The award is aimed at promoting and highlighting highly innovative diploma thesis at the crossroads of engineering and medicine, and bestows a certificate and € 2,000 to the applicant.
Applications for the award need to include:
- filled in application form (pdf)
- a pdf-copy of the diploma thesis
- letters of recommendation of the engineering and/or medical supervisor(s)
- publications (if there are any)
and have to be submitted to email@example.com by February 10, 2023, at the latest.
The ViCEM coordination team together with the ViCEM faculty will evaluate the applications and prepare a list of finalists. Those finalists will be invited to present their diploma thesis in the framework of a ViCEM event taking in Spring 2023.